Goals of the ESES Graduate Initiative
- Generate awareness among prospective students of the importance of earth sciences and environmental sustainability topics in present society to increase their interest in pursuing graduate degrees.
- Increase retention of graduate students by easing the transition from undergraduate to graduate studies.
- Offer expanded mentorship to increase retention of graduate students in Earth Sciences and Environmental Sustainability (ESES) programs.
- Increase the quality of the graduate experience through updated curriculums and exposure to cutting edge research projects in Earth Sciences and Environmental Sustainability.
- Increase the employability of graduate students completing degrees in Earth Sciences and Environmental Sustainability disciplines